Are you what you are or what?”
- Straight Edge lifestyle – no alcohol, recreational drugs or smoking for this girl.
- Change – becoming a better person and helping to create a better environment in which to live and work.
- Education – I’m studying health and nutrition at the moment, although in light of recent events, I’m not sure I’m feeling it like I once was. I’m also studying for my CompTIA A+ certification (technical help desk).
- Good eats – I’m a bit of a foodie, although when you see my food logs, you’ll think I’m lying.
- Supplements – we don’t have the perfect diet, even when we’re eating healthy. GMO’s, pesticides, environmental issues, stress – all of this is depleting our reserves of good nutrition. I supplement as a means of helping to heal my body.
- Reading – I love and hate the eReader. Especially because mine has Bejeweled Blitz™ installed on it.
- Gaming – I kick it more old skool – I stick with my PC to play Diablo III™.
- Innovation – there’s more than one way to reach a desired result. Looking outside the box isn’t always a bad thing.
What doesn’t make me, me:
- Type 2 Diabetes.
I am a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a wife, a God-Mother and a friend. I work and I study, and now I am learning to live with the most unwelcome guest, diabetes.
I am on a journey to make me stronger – physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. I don’t actually know how I’m going to do that, but I know that, especially at this point in my life, I have no choice but to figure it out.
I am sure of this: I will stumble, and chances are good that I will fall. But chances are also good that I will get up again.
Constant negativity about my situation isn’t sitting well with me. But I believe I have the right to be angry while the wound is gaping, but also know that I need to let it heal so that I may find some sort of peace.
“A sad soul can kill you quicker, far quicker, than a germ.”